Contact us
Eurofinanzza Services
Who we are
Offshore Introduction
Incorporating Offshore
Why Going Offshore
Why and when should I use Offshore
How to select an Offshore Jurisdiction
Structure of an Offshore Company
The Offshore for US Citizens
Going Offshore - Quick Answers
Offshore Applications
Tax Planning – UK Citizens Working Abroad
Offshore Tax Planning Solutions - Musicians
Asset Protection
Estate Planning
Panama as a Banking Centre
The Best Banking Centers in the World
Overseas Jurisdictions
General information
Australia - Company Formation
Australia – Register a Branch of Foreign Corporation
Australia Company Formation - Incorporation Fees
Australia – Foreign Investment Regulation
Australia - Banking System
Australia – Financial Services Licensing Regime
Incorporating in Belize
Advantages to incorporate in Belize
Belize IBC Incorporation Fees
Setting up a Trust in Belize
Trust in Belize - Incorporation Fees
Mutual Funds in Belize - Incorporation and Fees
Bank Formation in Belize
International Insurance Licenses in Belize - Incorporation Fees
British Virgin Islands
Incorporating in BVI
BVI - Guarantee Company Formation
BVI - Offshore Mutual Funds
BVI - Incorporation Fees
BVI - License Fees
Canada incorporation - Introduction
Canada - For non Profit Corporations
Canada - Taxation
Canada - Incorporating in British Columbia
Canada - Incorporating in Nova Scotia
Canada - Real Estate Use of Offshore Companies
Canada - Offshore for Canadian Citizens
Canada - Incorporation Fees
Cayman Islands
Cayman Islands - Tax Exempted Company - Compliance Information
Cayman Islands - Incorporation Fees
China Business Services Overview
Doing Business in China - Forms of Entities
China - Representitive Office
Advantages of Hong Kong Holding Structure
China JV and WOFE Memorandum
Cook Islands
Cook Islands - General Features
Cook Island - Compliance and General information
Cook Islands - Wealth Protection Law
Cook Islands - Private Trustee Companies
Cook Islands - Trust Incorporation
Cook Islands
Cook Islands - Trustee Company - Incorporation Fees
Cook islands - Anonymous Confidential Tax Planning Asset Protections Structures
Cook Islands - Anonymous Confidential Structures
Cook Islands - Trustee Company - Incorporation Fees
Costa Rica
Costa Rica - Compliance Information
Costa Rica Double Taxation Treaties
Costa Rica -E-Gambling Corporation
Costa Rica - Incorporation Fees
Incorporating in Gibraltar
Gibraltar - Tax Exempt vs. Non-Resident Companies
Gribraltar - E-commerce
Gibraltar Incorporation Fees
Trust in Gibraltar
Trust Formation in Gibraltar – Incorporation Fees
Hong Kong
Incorporating in Hong kong
Hong Kong Company Requirements & Formation Procedures
HK Non Profit Organization Charitable Institution
Hong Kong - Double Taxation Treaties
Hong Kong Taxation
Hong Kong – Double Taxation Agreement with Mainland China
Hong Kong Incorporation Fees
Opening Corporate Bank Account in Hong Kong
History of India - Overview
Investing in India - Country Incentives and Policy
Company Formation in India - Compliance Information
Taxation System in India
Company Formation in India - Incorporation Fees
Registration of Licensed Online Pharmacy
Isle of Man
Incorporating in Isle of Man - Limited Liability Company
Incorporating in Isle of Man LLC - Incorporation Fees
Jersey Offshore Company incorporation
Trust formation in Jersey
Trust Formation in Jersey Islands – Incorporation Fees
Incorporating in Jersey – Tax Exempted Company – Incorporation Fees
Madeira Islands
Madeira Offshore - an International Business Centre
Incorporating in Madeira Islands
Taxation and Tax Treaties
Madeira - Incorporation Fees
Madeira - Links and Downloads
Mauritius Offshore Incorporation
Mauritius GBCII – Incorporation Fees
Nevis - Company Formation
Nevis - Corporate Structures
Nevis - Limited Liability Company
Nevis - Trust Formation
Nevis - Offshore Bank Formation
Nevis LLC – Limited Liability Company – Incorporation Fees
New Zealand
New Zealand - Jurisdiction Information
New Zealand Look-Through Companies (LTC)
New Zealand - Company Statutory Information
New Zealand - Company Limited by Shares - Incorporation fees
New Zealand Foreign Trust - Overview
New Zealand - Incorporation of Foreign Trust
New Zealand Foreign Trusts - Incorporation Fees
How to Incorporate your New Zealand Asset Protection Structure
New Zealand Financial Services Company
New Zealand Finance Companies – FSP Licensed - Registration Fees
Offshore Banking Software for Financial Institutions
Links, Resources, International Compliance and Banking Regulations
Panamanian IBC
Panamanian IBC - Incorporation Fees
Trusts & Foundations - General Overview
Panamanian Trusts
Panamanian Trusts - Incorporation Fees
Panamanian Private Interest Foundations
Panama – Private Interest Foundation – Incorporation Fees
Panamanian Financial Corporations - Formation and Fees
Panama – Mutual Funds and Investment Corporations
Panama - Offshore E-commerce Solutions - Services and Fees
Incorporating in Seychelles
Incorporating an IBC in Seychelles – Incorporation Fees
St. Vincent & Grenadines
St. Vincent & the Grenadines – Jurisdiction Information
Advantages to incorporate in St. Vincent & the Grenadines
St. Vincent & the Grenadines – IBC Incorporation
St. Vincent & the Grenadines – Trust Formation
St. Vincent & the Grenadines – Mutual Funds
St. Vincent & the Grenadines – Offshore Bank Formation
St. Vincent & the Grenadines – Insurance Companies
St. Vincent & the Grenadines – Legal and Taxation Regime
St. Vincent & the Grenadines – IBC Incorporation Fees
Turks & Caicos
Incorporating in Turks & Caicos
Turks & Caicos – IBC Formation – Incorporation Fees
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Incorporating in Dubai
Advantages to Incorporate in Dubai
Company Formation in Dubai
Incorporating in Dubai - Incorporation Fees
United States of America
Incorporating in US - C vs S Corporations
Forming a “C” Corporation in USA Delaware - Fees
US LLC - Limited Liability Company - Tax Advantages
The State of California
The State of Delaware
Advantages to incorporate in Delaware
The State of Florida
The State of Nevada
The State of New York
The State of Oregon
US LLC - Incorporation Compliance
US LLC – Limited Liability Company – Incorporation Fees
Delaware Series LLC - Fractional Ownership Purposes
Delaware Series LLC - Fractional Ownership Purposes - Incorporation Fees
US - incorporation States
US Foundations - Non profit Corporations
US Foundations – Non Profit Corporations - Articles
US Foundations – Non Profit Corporations – By-Laws
US Corporation Annual Fees
Uruguay - Incorporation Features
Investing in Uruguay
Uruguay SAFI and SA Company Formation - Incorporation Fees









The International Trusts Act 1984 (“the Act”) defines an “International Trust” as a trust which is registered under the Act in respect of which:

(a) at least one trustee is either ;

• an international company, as defined in the International Companies Act 191-82 (“the ICA”), or
• a foreign company registered under the ICA , or
• a Cook Islands licensed trustee company, and

(b) the beneficiaries of the trust are at all times non-residents of the Cook Islands.



Registration of international trusts in the Cook Islands, pursuant to the provisions of the Act, entitles them to the benefits set out in the Act. This includes the asset protection provisions (see, amongst others, Section 13 of the Act). The benefits and features of an international trust are discussed in more detail in our article entitled “Cook Islands Offshore Trusts”. If you have not received a copy and wish to do so, please advise and we will send one to you immediately.
A Cook Islands international trust, the trustees and all parties to the trust, are not subject to any form of taxation whatsoever in the Cook Islands.

Incorporating a Cook Islands international company and appointing that company as a trustee of the trust provides the settlor with a greater level of comfort when establishing a trust as the settlor is able to choose who is to control the company. This may be a friend, relative, advisor or any other person the settlor may nominate.

In addition to registering newly established trusts, it is also possible to have existing trusts registered in the Cook Islands provided a Cook Islands international company, a foreign company registered under the ICA or a Cook Islands licensed trustee company is appointed as trustee or one of the trustees. Where a trust is newly established in the Cook Islands or where it is redomiciled, the benefits of the Act will apply to the assets of that trust from the date they are transferred to the trust, not the date of the trust’s registration in the Cook Islands.

The Cook Islands has enacted laws to assist in the prevention of money laundering. Those laws require that certain information be provided by a client in relation to a Cook Islands international trust.

(a) Registration of an International Trust

Before registering a trust we will require:

(i) A copy of the final form of trust deed. The form of trust deed may be based on our specimen form. Our specimen form is however only provided as a draft for your consideration. Where a Cook Islands international company is appointed to act as trustee we do not need to review the deed. We will be happy to refer you to Cook Islands legal counsel for an opinion to determine whether the trust deed meets with the requirements of the Cook Islands offshore jurisdiction.

The trust deed need not be filed with the Registrar of International Trusts. Most trust deeds are not filed with Registrar of International Trusts, but if necessary it can be done. For registration purposes it is sufficient to provide the Registrar with the names of the trust, the trustee or trustees, and the date of execution.

(ii) A faxed copy of the execution page of the trust deed duly signed by the relevant parties and dated with the original to follow immediately by courier. We require one original for our records. If you also require a completed and executed original, please provide two originals in the courier.

(iii) Where Cook Islands licensed trustee company is chosen to act as trustee, faxed copies of:

• Trust Information Form
• Deed of Indemnity
• Letter of Wishes

The Trust Information Form, Deed of Indemnity and Letter of Wishes must be completed, dated and signed by the settlor(s) of the trust. These documents are not filed with the Registrar and are subject to the confidentiality provisions contained in the Act. We also require that the original Deed of Indemnity and Letter of Wishes be couriered to us.

(iv) A sworn affidavit of solvency. This is required from each settlor in all cases where a trust is to be registered in the Cook Islands regardless of who is named as the trustee. This procedure is to ensure that the benefits of the Cook Islands law do not enable settlors to escape known obligations. The affidavit must state that the settlor will be able to meet existing or reasonably anticipated obligations once assets specified in the affidavit have been transferred to the trust. As solvency may change over time, upon every subsequent settlement on the trust in excess of USD 10,000 fresh evidence as to solvency will be required, either by way of a fresh affidavit from the settlor or written confirmation from the settlor or the settlors attorney. Should you require our form of affidavit of solvency at any time in the future it will be provided promptly upon request.

It is essential that the information contained in the affidavit and any written confirmation, is accurate. If at a later stage it is discovered that there are material inaccuracies or errors in the affidavit, or written confirmation, and these were known to the settlor, then the special protections under Cook Islands law will not apply to the trust. If the contents of the affidavit or confirmation are accurate in some respects but materially inaccurate in others, then the protections will not apply to any trust assets. It is therefore extremely important that a settlor completing and signing the affidavit, or any person providing written confirmation, is aware of this.

(v) Cook Islands due diligence as per paragraph 5 above. This must be provided by facsimile with originals to follow by courier regardless of who is named as trustee.

(vi) Transfer of the original settlement sum or property. In the case of nominal initial settlements it is sufficient to send a fax copy of the cheque made out to the trustee. For the procedure in relation to transfers of other property please see the information below under the heading “Transferring Assets to the Trust”.

(vii) Payment of our fees.

(b) Incorporating an International Company

Where a settlor chooses to incorporate a Cook Islands international company to act as trustee, we will require the following information which can be provided by completing our International Company Incorporation Information Form:

(i) The company name;

(ii) The proposed authorised and issued share capital. We suggest the issued share capital be a nominal figure;

(iii) Name and contact details of the shareholders or beneficial shareholders. In most cases to facilitate a convenient and efficient incorporation we are able to offer shelf companies. We can then arrange for that share to be transferred as the client directs or, if requested, we will provide a permanent nominee shareholder at no extra charge. Where subsequent allotments of share capital are made, only the amount allotted need be disclosed in the company records held by the Registrar of International Companies. While Cook Islands international trusts do not depend upon secrecy to be effective, the name of the shareholder does not need to appear on the Registrar’s records. We maintain separate registers of members in our offices as part of the company’s own records. Both the Registrar’s records and the company’s own records are subject to the strict confidentiality provisions contained in the ICA. Criminal sanctions apply for any breach of any of the confidentiality provisions.
The shareholder’s name need not appear on the company’s own records if bearer shares or share warrants are issued. If share warrants are used, the holder of the warrant is deemed not to be a member of the company but is entitled to become one on presentation to the directors of the warrant and request for the issue of shares.

If bearer shares or warrants are to be issued these must be held at all times by a Cook Islands Custodian. The Custodian must hold as part of their records the name of the owner of the bearer share or bearer warrant, their address and a copy of their passport or other acceptable photograph identity document.

(iv) Particulars of Directors. We require the names, addresses and occupations of the directors. This information is required to be filed with the Registrar of International Companies. It is not necessary to have a resident director appointed however one of our nominee companies may be appointed as a resident director, if required. The resident director can be removed by the shareholders.

Please note that where we provide nominee shareholders and/or nominee directors, we require a Nominee Services Agreement be completed. This requirement is both for the comfort of the settlor and to assist us in the proper provision of our services.

(v) A copy of the Memorandum and Articles of Association. The client may use our standard form or an alternative form if desired.

(vi) Particulars of Secretaries. It is a requirement of the ICA that a Cook Islands resident secretary be appointed. Additional secretaries located either within or outside of the Cook Islands may also be appointed. We will therefore require the names, addresses and occupations of any additional secretaries to be appointed.

The registered office of the company must be in the Cook Islands.

In general terms the ICA provides for very flexible corporate structures with a minimum of administrative requirements. Ordinarily in any one year the company is only required to file an annual return upon its renewal. We attend to this at the time of making application for the renewal.

When establishing a trust it is important that settlors obtain independent advice from a lawyer or other suitably qualified professional. Accordingly, when establishing a trust it is our policy to deal only with settlors who have appointed a professional advisor to assist them. The role of the settlor’s professional advisor is to ensure that the terms of the trust and the transfer of assets to the trust achieve the settlor’s objectives. In particular if the settlor’s objectives include succession planning, tax planning or asset protection planning, then the professional advisor should be providing, or obtaining from other professionals, advice on issues relevant to these objectives.

We review of the trust documents, any related corporate, partnership or other documents, the circumstances of the settlor and beneficiaries and any other aspects of the trust arrangement is for the purpose of ensuring that the trust structure is acceptable to Cook Islands licensed trustee company. However, in the course of conducting any such review we may, as a courtesy to the settlor’s professional advisor, offer any comments we think could be of use to the professional advisor and settlor.

Where advice may be required on issues in jurisdictions other than the settlor’s home jurisdiction then the settlor’s professional advisor and the settlor need to determine whether to retain advisors in such other jurisdictions as may be relevant to the trust structure and the settlor’s objectives.

Assets must be transferred to the trust at the time it is established. Additional assets may also be transferred after the initial settlement. It is not necessary that the assets be moved to the Cook Islands.

Depending on the assets involved it may be necessary for the trustee to execute transfer documents or complete account opening forms. If so please forward these to us and we will give them our prompt attention.

Trusts are often established in conjunction with a limited partnership or a corporation. In the case of a limited partnership, typically assets are transferred to the partnership and the settlor receives partnership interests in exchange. The settlor or a person nominated by the settlor usually retains a 1% general partnership interest and transfers to the trust a 99% interest as limited partner. If, after the initial set up of the partnership and trust settlement, further assets are contributed to the partnership then the settlor should receive a further partnership interest in exchange for the additional contribution and then transfer this interest to the trust.

Similarly in respect of a corporation, the settlor’s assets are transferred to the corporation in exchange for shares in the corporation. Those shares are then transferred into the name of the trustee or trustees. The assets held by the corporation are managed by the directors of the corporation. As an alternative, having regard to the settlor’s wishes, the trustee may appoint an asset manager. If, after the initial set up of the corporation and trust settlement, further assets are contributed to the corporation then the settlor should receive further shares in exchange for the additional contribution and then transfer these shares to the trust.

Where Cook Islands licensed trustee company is chosen to act as trustee then whenever assets are being transferred to the trust, Cook Islands licensed trustee company will require either:

• the original title documents or confirmation that the original title documents are being held by a custodian for the trustee. Fax copies can be provided in the first instance with original documents following by courier; or

• a bank, brokerage or custodian account statement showing the assets are held in an account in the name of the trust or trustee.

As trustee we cannot resolve to accept an asset as a part of the trust fund until such time as we have these items.



European Jurisdictions
Czech Republic
The Netherlands
Republic of Ireland
United kingdom
Shelf and Aged Companies
Nominee Structures
Virtual Offices
Offshore Banking
Offshore e-Commerce
Website Design
Relative Services
Currency converter
Contact us